Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mannequin

Ok, the shoes are pretty much done except for sticking the stars on. I'll wait to post a picture until they're finished. Or maybe I should wait till I enter the contest and everyone can see them...

So, something funny happened to me yesterday. I've started cutting out the pieces for the dress and I decided to use some plain duct tape to make a dress form/mannequin. I've read the best way to do this is to wear an old t-shirt and have someone else wrap you up and cut you out, so that's what I did. Except since it was 11 at night, I skipped the "someone else" part. Being pretty flexible, I wrapped myself up with no problems and was quite satisfied with the result. That done, I went to go cut myself out. Although I was flexible enough to pass the duct tape roll behind my upper back and beneath my arms while keeping the tape straight, I could not cut more than halfway down my back while still being able to operate the scissors. I didn't want to cut down the front, so I ended up asking my sister to cut me out of my latest project.

In the end, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I'll post a picture after I stuff it. Any idea what I should stuff it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment