Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stars, in your multitude...

I've been cutting out stars a lot lately. So much, in fact, that I bruised and numbed my fingers from using the scissors. To solve this, I wrapped band-aids around my fingers with the padded gauze part where the scissors were bruising me. That actually helped a lot, so I'll be able to cut even more stars now. (I believe at this point I had used about 3 rolls of chrome)

The process of making the stars isn't as hard as some people think it is. Folding the duct tape in half sticky side in is actually the hardest part, since I have to get it right the first time or it will stick to itself crooked or wrinkled. Once that's done, I have a double layered strip of chrome duct tape with two shiny sides. The cutting out of the stars just takes practice. After the first 50 stars, I got into a pattern that worked for me and now it's pretty mindless.

Now that I've gotten a roll of crome duck tape to my collaborator, the stars should be coming faster than ever. I'm not sure exactly how many we'll need, but I figure if we have enough to pack a shoebox, we'll have enough. Right now we're at 435 and it covers the bottom about a centimeter high.

No comments:

Post a Comment