Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Much progress...

My partner and I have been getting together the last couple Sundays. We decided to get a pattern for his suit (because we know next to nothing about making a tux) so we picked up a couple patterns at Joann Fabric and Crafts one week and finished cutting them all out the next week. Hopefully I can find time to cut them out of the DTC so we'll be ready to tape them together the next time we work on it.

On my to-do list:

1) Finish putting stars on the shoes. One of them is done already, I just need to remind myself to do the other one when I have a spare moment. It really doesn't take that long, I'm just forgetful...

2) Experiment with the design on the tux. Our idea is to put shooting stars on the tux jacket, so I need to figure out how to make long, curving strips of duct tape when the curve is too wide to cut out of a single piece. It'll just take some messing around with, I'm sure it won't be a problem. It just needs to be done...

3) Start thinking about hairstyle and accessories. For the hair, I don't want it to be too outlandish, but I do want it to be more than a few stars bobby-pinned into an updo. Maybe some kind of star halo or even a tiara-style headdress? And the purse. I haven't even started designing the purse. I have a feeling that'll end up being the thing I'm least concerned with when we get down to the last few weeks...

I should really get a solid date for the prom we're going to. I know it's in the middle of May somewhere, but it would be nice to know for sure...

3 comments: