Saturday, February 26, 2011

Progress continues!!!

Yay!!! All the pieces are cut out!!

I went over to my partner's house and we laid out the DTC and patterns and decided which ones we actually needed. We discarded the lining and facing because we could do that by duct taping the inside of the clothing, and we also decided to leave off most of the pockets for simplicity's sake. In the end, we barely had enough cloth to fit everything, which was suprising considering that we had 5 yards of the stuff. My dress only took 4 yards and I had plenty left over.

So, I still need to finish putting stars on my shoes and trying to figure out how we're going to get duct tape to curve smoothly. The purse is presentable, but I still need to decorate it. I also need to finish the neckline on my dress and add a zipper...........

No comments:

Post a Comment