Sunday, February 20, 2011

Purse! And other accessories...


I was doodling today and I came up with a workable design for the purse. Simple enough, but classy. I also went through the scraps left over from my dress and found a sizable piece that will definitely be big enough for it. I'm planning on using a shaped wire hanger wrapped in duct tape for the handles.

For now, I think I'll be working on getting everything we'll need to a presentable state before we move on with the decorating. My dress is almost there, I still need to sew the zipper in and finish cutting out the neckline, but after that it'll look like a dress. I still need to cut out the pieces for the tux and tape those together, but after that both of our outfits will be presentable and I can breath a bit easier.

I'm thinking of ways to fasten the tux, particularly the pants. I think a zipper and a hook-and-eye fastening will do the trick. Hook-and-eyes will probably work for the shirt and jacket too...

Still noting set for my hair. I've had this vague idea of an updo with something mimicking a smaller planetary ring, or maybe something more like an astroid belt. Like the laurel wreaths of Greece (see picture) except with stars instead of leaves. I just came up with that while typing and it sounds pretty good. I'll keep y'all posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment