Sunday, April 10, 2011

Boutonniere


I've gotten way ahead of myself here. I designed a corsage and boutonniere just based on the idea of a "white rose," and I meant to show Alex, but I got restless and made the boutonniere in two sittings. I like it, so hopefully he does :P

I still need to make my corsage, but it won't be so hard now that I know how to make the rose. Cutting the petals out and sticking on the silver lining is the toughest part, and I used 20 petals for this one. Actually, cutting the serrated edge on the leaves was time consuming as well...

It took me a couple tries to get the right size for the petals, but going from short in the center to tall on the outside worked. There's a wire up the center of each one so I can bend them into a realistic shape. There's a wire up each of the leaves as well. To make the "baby breath" stars, I folded duct tape over about half an inch of wire and cut a star around the wire.

If present trend continues, I'll be finished before the week's up, which is good because I'll be out of town starting Thursday to do some last minute college visiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment