Thursday, April 28, 2011

Schedules


Ok, so with the pressure on and two weeks to go, I actually made a schedule to follow and if I follow it, I'll be done with all the necessities pretty early. After that, I can work out any details and fix up stuff that didn't quite turn out the way we wanted it. So far so good, except I'll need more time to stick stars onto the body of the dress. To cut the stars, I stick strips down on a plastic cutting board and use a razor knife, which yields about 24 stars per "batch." It's taking me over an hour to cover about a square foot of area, and I don't think three more days is going to cut it. Still, it includes Saturday, so I won't rule out success just yet. If I can't finish it, I'll just stop at where I got to, make it look good, and move on. Then I'll come back to it if I have time.


Basically, here's where I've scheduled myself to finish things:


4/27 - Finish colors on jacket (which I did)


4/29 - Finish the vest and any other details on the shirt


4/30 - Finish stars on dress, finish Alex's shoes, finish jacket stars


5/1 - Finish belt


5/2 - Finish details on pants, like belt loops


5/4 - Finish jewelry


5/5 - Finish dress train


At that point, we're done (I think). That gives us about a week to adjust and tweak until we're happy with everything. For example, I did finish the colors on the jacket yesterday, but I feel like ther's too much white. After we're done with everything else, I'd like to go back and add some more purple. But for now, it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment