Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


Ok, I've been at an enthusiasm low for the past couple days, but I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I finally got all the way around my dress with the stars last night, now I just need to go upwards with them and give it the nice gradient you can kinda see on the left side.

I'm so sick of cutting stars you would not believe it. And you'd think I'd be super good at it by now, since I've been doing it since January of '10, but I still produce strange, lopsided things at the same rate I cut nice, symmetrical ones. It's almost over, though. Once I'm done cutting the sticky stars for the body of the dress (which I'd estimate will take about two more batches), I'll use the stockpile of double-sided stars for the train.

I am behind with the whole star thing, but I decided I'd rather have the stars on the body of the dress than the train, so I just went over my deadline and pushed the train back a bit till I finish this, which shouldn't take more than two more days, including today. I'm on track with everything else, though. I've finished putting the vest on the shirt, decorating Alex's shoes, decorating the jacket, decorating the belt, and putting belt loops on the pants. I'm supposed to finish making the jewelry today, but all I've got is a design for earrings. I think that's enough, since I can't wear a necklace with the dress because of the neckline and I have a corsage for my wrist. If I have time I might make a star bracelet to wear on my other wrist...

Hopefully I'll finish the stars on the dress today, since I don't have to go anywhere tonight. After that, I'll cram on the train and then I'm just about finished. I'll try to get that done in three days, which will give us at least from the 9th to the 12th to tweak stuff till we're happy.

I'm excited!!! :D

1 comment: