Friday, May 13, 2011

SUCCESS!!!!!

Wow, Blogger was down for a really long time yesterday and now I come back and find my latest post is missing...

Well, I finished it!!! I was up till 1:30 last night putting the finishing touches on the dress, but I managed to do everything I wanted to do, including tweaking and superfluous details. I talked about covering press-on nails with duct tape in the last post, and I was able to finish those with the silver tips as well. Now for the non-attire details such as packing my wonderfully accomodating duct tape purse with the prom neccessities and extra duct tape, just in case. I wrapped about two feet each of black, purple, and white around a pencil and packed that instead of bringing rolls.

I'm really happy right now. I got done everything I needed to get done, and all the extra things I wanted to do, like adding purple to the purse and making more star hairpins.

Since people will see the outfits tonight and probably take pictures, I'll post some of my own snapshots tomorrow. Both of the outfits look amazing, if I do say so myself.

And just because I'm finished making the attire, the blog posting's not done yet. I plan to go all the way up until the winners are announced, so keep checking back for entry photos and collages!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.O PICTURESSSS Chelsey you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I didn't realize this was an "entire outfit" out of duct tape??? Wow! You have done a great job. I can't wait to see the *finished product* with the outfit all together. I can tell you have put a lot of time, effort, and thought into this project. Woohoo!

    Kristen
    Brit Lit

    ReplyDelete